Friday, September 24, 2010

September 14, 2010

Family!

Thank you for your letter, I didn't receive it before my email time, but it is nice to have a hard copy! Mom, thank you so much for the packages, they brighten up my (and the district's) day every time.

I told Starsy (Elder) Kzrysminksi, our DL, that you were sending cookies, and he checked the mail 5 times between 1-5. There were big bins full of packages because it was the day after Labor Day weekend so there was a ton of mail. We even sneakily looked through the three bins but couldn't see it. At 5 they shut the window and locked the doors to the mailroom and said because they received so many packages that they were closed for the night. The whole district was crushed b/c I had explained the pure goodness and promise of warm cookies. The next morning I finally got the slip saying that I had a package, and during a walk as a class w/ our teacher we snuck away (running reverently...) and picked up the package. The entire district celebrated as I opened the 80s lunch box with emergency blanket and HAND WARMERS (I thought it was hilarious and ingenious!) inside. It was a Polish Miracle! The cookies were still warm!! We shared them and the spirits of poor tired missionaries were lifted. Thank you for making the miracle happen!

Mom, I have more stories for you, but I will just write them in a letter after this. Thank you for your letter, it's almost like sitting at the edge of the bed talking with you :)

This week was one of amazing spiritual growth for me. I was really frustrated at hit a wall on Wednesday as I was trying to prepare my part for the first lesson. I was awkward and couldn't express or even come up with what I wanted to say. The worst part was that it was in English! I was very discouraged. The next day, I prayed, acknowledging fully that I couldn’t communicate or "teach with authority and power" (my goal lately as a missionary) without the help of the Lord, and as I studied the lesson and ran through it again with my companions the thoughts and transitions and direction I should take were much more clear to me. If He will help me out when I am not even teaching real investigators, I am so excited to teach the people of Poland with God surrounding me.

Sister Dalton (the YW pres) came and spoke to the RS on Sunday and gave an amazing talk. So many of the things that I identified at my weak spots of my testimony have been strengthened and I've gained more knowledge on these last few days. She was down to earth, full of charity, but very assertive and taught w/ power and authority. She mentioned how excited she was to teach women who knew who they were, she started to recite the YW theme, and slowly every Sister stood together and joined with her. The power in the room was unbelievable. It was not reciting memorized words; it was a declaration of who we are and how we are living our lives. Savannah and Mica, think carefully about those words when you say them next Sunday, they are very powerful!

I also taught the District on Sunday and was assigned the 1st lesson, which is the topic we had been eating and breathing for the last 2 weeks. Again I didn't know what I was going to say or how to not have it be extremely redundant, but after praying and then studying, thoughts and approaches came to my mind. It was a completely different lesson and materials, focusing on if we are truly converted, more of a self-evaluation on how we are living and applying the things we are teaching investigators. It went well and I learned a lot, and everyone participated and shared some great insights.

I'm almost out of time, but I love you so much and I will write a little more in my letter. I got to go to the temple this morning, and it was such an incredible experience. I learned a lot, and talked with the women working there. I love you, am praying for you and think of you always.

-Sister Stay

PS thanks Hank, Val, Josh, and Jake for the letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment