Tuesday, December 28, 2010

November 15, 2010

Note from Tim, Nov 15:
Dominique was able to get clearance last week from the doctor that did the surgery, but the Mission medical doctors wanted to give it a little more time, so Sister Stay was assigned to the Salt Lake Mission assigned to Temple Square to work with Polish visitors, so she will get some chance to use her Polish. We got a call today about noon informing us of this and asking if we could transport Sister Stay up to Temple Square. So we picked her up from the MTC around 3 pm this afternoon. Dalita and I felt like we were busting her out of her long imprisonment and we even took a picture of us with bandannas dragging Sister Stay away from the MTC. We picked up 2 sisters from Temple Square who showed us where Sister Stay's apartment would be and we dropped her off there and said goodbye.The doctors want her to run some tests in 3 more weeks and if everything is ok, she should be able to leave for Poland! She is excited to be preaching the gospel and the sisters we met said that they spend the entire day teaching and that the day is filled with miracles.Thanks for all your prayers and support. It is nice to have her moving to the next stage, even if it isn't the path we expected!
Tim
Here is her letter from November 9th:

This week has been a good one. My district is awesome. On Sunday after the devotional we played signs together, it made me miss our family get-togethers and game nights. I stole Chris' 'go-to' knee sign, it was a blast. There may or may not have been some signs passed around during class the next day :D.

So turns out God is blessing me and everyone around me because I am still stuck in this place. Last Tuesday we had our third General Authority (in a row!) come to the fireside. Elder Ballard gave a great talk about becoming a master communicator. Sheri Dew also came on Sunday and spoke about fulfilling our life mission. It was a subject already on the minds of me and my companions because of that great talk from Women's Conference that mom sent earlier that week. She said that there were three abilities Satan would try to keep from you to paralyze you and keep you from fulfilling your mission. On the opposite side, if we had a firm knowledge of them, nothing could stop us from being an instrument in the Lord's hand and succeeding in everything we were sent here to do.
1. Who we are
2. a personal witness that Jesus is the Christ
3. the ability to receive instructions from our Heavenly Father
I"m pretty positive that since I am still here today, I will get another apostle tonight. I'll let you know ;)

It is hard to stay as driven and feel that I am progressing as fast as I was before the last district left, but I am still working at it. I was able to teach Stasha, the only Polish lady who comes to TRC every week. I taught her the third lesson in Polish by myself, but it was great! It was so nice to be teaching and personalizing, and applying the things I have been learning. For the first time here, I was able to just have a conversation with her about the gospel and how much it has blessed my life and will bless her life. This week if I'm still here I will be teaching the first lesson, I'm excited.

I help the new district with any questions they have about Polish, since we have a lot of time without teachers. It was fun to teach them Mianownik plural, and all the weird little things I do to remember the rules and order of things. After practicing together a lot, they seemed to understand it a lot better. Hopefully I was some help. It has been strengthening my grammar knowledge as well, having to answer why things work the way they do.

I love you so much and am excited to have answers tomorrow, and maybe leave (somewhere..) this week, although I will be sad to leave my new companions and district. Thank you everyone so much for the letters, prayers, and thoughts. They strengthen me and cheer me up. I have been able to see so much how many people care for me and are aware of me. I love you! Kocham cie!
-Siostra Stay

No comments:

Post a Comment