Tuesday, December 28, 2010

October 27, 2010

Dear Family!

Oh man, tons to say and no time to say it. This was a super crazy week (I seem to say that every week). My district had been looking forward to the 'Halloween surprise' that Mom mentioned a few times and we got it right in time on Saturday night. Everyone laughed so hard when they pulled out the eyebrows and Elder Krzyminski didn't have one. Oh man. Everyone's mustaches also fit their personalities PERFECTLY. I could just see you and Ali sitting in the kitchen planning who got what mustache. Don't worry, pictures will come. We took pictures all night. Needless to say, you won the coolest mom ever prize. Hands down. I never told you how amazing the caramel apples were either. We had them after a TRC and they were delicious and perfectly fall-ish.

Ali- because I know you've been dying in anticipation. The General Authority that came on Tues was Elder Nelson. He gave a great, very simple to the doctrine talk and ended 20 minutes early. THEN, this Tuesday, I was sitting and singing before the devotional when the choir director ( who I honestly think is the actor from 'the music man' his voice is EXACTLY the same. Find out his name and I will investigate....) said "We don't stand to sing the hymns of Zion (yes he speaks like that) unless we are directed to by the MTC presidency or an apostle of the Lord walks in the room." 30 seconds later in came Richard G. Scott. Craziness.

His devotional was one of the most moving things I have ever heard. It was about the precious truths he had obtained about the Spirit throughout his life. He gave us all a handout of the points he spoke about. I know, awesome. I am going to the copy center and will send one home to you. He also used very strong language and spoke directly to the sisters several times during the talk.

Here is what he said "Sisters, I know exercise my divine apostleship and invoke a protective shield on you. As you serve and act in faith with that shield, I promise that you will be protected.Other promises he gave using the phrase "Under authority of my apostleship I invoke a blessing on you.."
- the gift of tongues. I am installing the capability. You have to use it, develop it.
-blessing of confidence, and guidance of the Spirit
-a blessing that the lessons you lear on your mission will be retained throughout your life, and you will be about to use it. You will have an understanding of gospel truths.

It was like a priesthood blessing on each of us, it was crazy. His testimony as an apostle was also the most powerful testimony I have ever heard. He aslo stopped and gave a requirement to the sisters to watch our health, and rest when we need it. His wife had to go home for several months from her mission b/c she didn't slow down when she needed to. She lost that time of service b/c she didn't take care of it.

Even if this was the only reason I stayed back it was worth it. My scripture of the week has been D&C 98:1-3 I love the action words and promises in there. I was companionless for 2 days which was crazy-- I went to the health clinic w/ the Finns, temple with the Ukrainians, breakfast with the Russians, lunch w/ the Italians, dinner with the bulgs, and slept in a room w/ the Greeks.

I feel healthy and fine, and have been studying super hard the grammar. It has been a great experience. Oh! and I saw SUZY Q! I was her host and showed her around. She lives 2 doors down. I love you thanks for the letters and emails. Send Dear Elder if you can!

I have also really felt the fasting and prayers on my behalf. Thank you! I love you and am fine and healthy.

-Siostra Stay

No comments:

Post a Comment